Monday, November 07, 2011

Nightshade - Andrea Cremer


Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


How beautiful is the cover of this book? Sparkly purple? Loooove it! Ok, now that that is out of my system, on to the book. What was not to love? At first, I really didn't know what to expect from this book. Aside from the beautiful cover (did I mention that?), I was kinda on the fence about werewolves when I started this book, but really, I guess they call themselves "Guardians", so that helped. But once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. As you know, I'm a big fan of forbidden romance...and this was just that. Calla Tor is destined to be the mate Ren Laroche, but ends up saving the life of a Human and falls in love. Love triangle.... love it! Throw in some deception and treachery, all in the name of love of course, and you have a recipe for an amazing story.
Cremer does a fantastic job of captivating the attention of the reader in the way she describes this world where the supernatural world exists in the human world. Cremer does a fantastic job of making the reader jump from emotion to emotion...hating Ren, to eventually falling for this sexy Alpha. Everyone wants something that they can't have, and Cremer weaves that saying magically into this book. Althought I'm sure the intent was for the reader to fall for Shay, the "beautiful" human boy, I myself fell for Ren. I couldn't resist. Sexy bad boy, but you can tell deep down that he is sweet and kind. Oh, he had me swooning all over the place. And the sexual tension that Cremer throws in throughout the book was just...whew! *fans self*
If your looking for a quick paced read, with unforgettable characters all packaged up with a beautiful cover (there I go again), you should give this book a read. Fans of paranormal romances, wolves, and sexy bad boys will eat this book up. I cannot WAIT to start the second installment Wolfsbane, which is staring at me right now...with its beautiful GREEN cover...
Nightshade was a totally fun read, it was nearly impossible not to enjoy it. It was one of those novels that I just ate right up! It starts out with Cala Tor the Alpha of the Nightshade pack and she was supposed to marry? the leader of the other pack the dangerous and smexy Ren. To be honest at first when I looked at the synopsis (I think we should start calling these face palm moments, don't you?) I assumed that this would be alot like a different werewolf novel that I loved, Blood and Chocolate (and if you haven't read it I would also suggest checking it out). As I read through the novel I was beginning to notice that this was nothing like the many werwolf novels that I've read. Through Andrea Cremer's writing style I was able to feel so much emotion for Cala and invision so much more.
I could even vividly imagine when she would change from girl to wolf, or when she would be around Ren and think about how hot he is- or when she finally comes to terms with the fact that she is in love with Shay which is more than forbidden. But I could easily feel all of her emotions, like the friendship that she has with her pack or the way that Cala expresses how everybody else in her pack had a say in who they could love, while Cala and Ren never had a say in being together or not (you know because they have to merge their packs and create an all new one).
It was overall pretty amazing, especially since it even has some magic involved when it comes to the werewolves masters the Keepers who are overly creepy -_- but I have to say that I CANNOT wait to get started on reading the second novel in the series, Wolfsbane. You can expect a review from us once we finish the novels we are reading (I'm currently reading Damned by Nancy Holder & Debby Viguie).
Nightshade was wonderful, wonderful, wonderful- check it out :)

2 comments:

Cricket said... Best Blogger Tips

I can't wait to read Bloodrose!!

ali cross said... Best Blogger Tips

I *LOVED* NIGHTSHADE! Glad you loved it too! And yep, I haven't read the second yet but I sure want to!

Post a Comment

Your comments make us smile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...